Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Can't Complain

Life is so ridiculously wonderful. I complain way too much. "I need new clothes...I can't wait to get out of this apartment...I wish we had more money..." I think there are some points in our life when we realize how lucky we really are and we have that "Ah-ha" moment. Yesterday was that moment for me.


I learned yesterday that a childhood friend's father unexpectedly passed away. He was very young. The oldest of his kids being my age, with many more little ones at home. I haven't really spoken to this girl since we were probably ten, but thanks to facebook, we have kept up on each other's lives, although very little. Despite the fact that we aren't close anymore at all, I was so heartbroken when I heard the news, and it brought me to tears. I don't know if it's because I consider myself to be really close to my own father, and I can't imagine how hard that would be. Or maybe because I'm now married, and the thought of losing Harrison so tragically is something I won't even allow myself to think about. Or maybe because I have little Jack now, and I couldn't bear raising him alone or him not knowing his own father.


Believe it or not, this post is supposed to be uplifting. I am so lucky. I have been so incredibly blessed my entire life and I need to recognize it more. I also have the Gospel in my life which allows me to keep an eternal perspective, and I know that even when trials do come my way, and I know they will, I can have the knowledge of the Atonement to help me through them.


No more complaining from me. How ungrateful would I be if I did?

No comments: