Monday, February 23, 2009

Answered Prayers

When I left California and moved to Rexburg to go to BYU-Idaho there were quite a few adjustments that I had to get used to; roommates, snow, living on my own...but there was one adjustment I didn't consider before I left the west coast: In-N-Out burger.
Now I live in Provo, UT. I'm married, have a little boy, and I still have the same problem. No delicious, just-the-right-size burger, yummy milkshake and freshcut fries...

I realize now that I took for granted what my hometown of Fres-yes, CA had to offer. The easy convieience of several In-N-Out locations. This is the place where I had my first date, the place I went to when I was feeling down and desprately needed a chocolate shake. This is the place where we would go during our lunches during my senior year of high school. Of course it was just far enough from my high school that you had to run to your car, hope for an empty drive thru, and eat in the car while driving back to make it in time for 6th period, but it was definately worth it.

Ok, call me ridiculous, or over-dramatic, but if you do you obviously haven't tasted In-N-Out. And if you have tasted it, and you think "it's no big deal" you need to learn to appreciate the amazing things in life.

Finally, after covering the entire state of Cali, and spreading to Arizona, Nevada and southern Utah...our prayers have been answered. In-N-Out is now coming to Draper, West Valley City, American Fork, and Orem. Harrison can now stop pretending to consider my pleas to have him drive me to St. George just for a burger. Now I can have my son grow up in a community that knows good fast food. (granted, he'll be less than two before we leave Utah...but still...)

Dreams can come true.
Don't believe me? Read it for yourself: http://www.deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,705286427,00.html

6 comments:

Merrick said...

Woohoo!! I hadn't heard...and I didn't know you were an In-n-Out junkie..I totally would have roadtripped with you to St. George..

Case Face and Lady Katie said...

Hey, hey...I think I remember your first date, many moons ago. Didn't we double? That was way fun. I'm pretty excited, too. Oh the simple things in life. You're awesome, Christine!

EvNic said...

Ya! Now we only have to drive 3 hours instead of 7 :) Love it!

Becca said...

Christine! We are so excited about this too!!! Yah!!! I have to say that Jack is ADORABLE!!! Are you just loving it? I was excited to see your comment on my blog! I love blogging and keeping in touch!! Good luck with everything!

Mallory said...

Yay for In-N-Out! At least you guys had the luxury of it while you were in Vegas! I am pretty excited about it coming here.

Vatcher Family said...

I feel you on this one! I live in Taiwan right now and can't wait to get my hands on one when I get back get back to the states. They don't have in and out here or even a good hamburger at that! All they have is McDonald's. YUCK!