Monday, April 11, 2011

Homework Week Four

Where does my inspiration come from??

Location, location, LOCATION!!

It is very hard for me to imagine a shoot, or prepare for it until I know where we will be taking the pictures.  From the location I get pose ideas, lighting ideas, it gives me a chance to get to know my clients better and what they would enjoy most.  Moving to the south was hard for me in a photographic sense because I had to find a new kind of beauty in my surroundings.  I was used to shooting in Utah with mountains or snow, neither of which is found in Columbus, GA.
But there are beautiful areas all around me within walking distance of my house (like where I took this shot) and it has been extremely inspirational for me to go seek those places out! 
 And this shot wasn't taken in Utah or Georgia, but I am loving the fact that I can find awesome locations for a shoot anywhere

And farewell to a fantastic month in another photography class!! Brooke Snow is amazing and I highly recommend her for a shoot or classes.

3 comments:

Steve and Brooke said...

Freakin Love Georgia!!!!!

Becca said...

sooo beautiful! it's so amazing to see the different types of beauty different places have.

MONster said...

Beautiful pics, Christine. Are the classes online? I guess I'll have to check it out.