Thursday, June 11, 2009

My Beautiful Christine and Jack

Hello Family and Friends. This is the Arabian Knight speaking from the deserts of the Middle East. I had a few options today: Read Arabic Newspapers or Complete My Very First Blog. I guess I will be busy later. Really though I just wanted to drop a little note to everyone and put some of these pictures up for everyone to see. These pictures are snap-shots I took while talking to Christine on Skype. I really love getting to talk with Christine. She gets me through the week.
If anyone is wondering, I am doing well out here in Jordan. It is a great place, although I will kiss the ground when I land in America at the end of the summer. I took a lot of things for granted back home, like having a car, being so close to the temple, mexican food, being able to drink water from the faucet, being able to flush toilet paper down the toilet, having the freedom to preach the gospel, being able to play with Jack, but most of all being able to kiss Christine anytime I want and just to be able to hold her hand as we watch a movie or just talk. Don't get me wrong Jordan is a great place. You can make friends that you will keep forever in about 5 minutes. People are so friendly and easy to talk to. The ladies are dressed modestly for the most part, and people have high standards of morals on the most part also. I have seen some beautiful slot canyons and enjoyed visiting many beautiful historic sites. I hope to bring the family back one day.
Before I go everyone who reads this needs to know how amazing my wife is. I love her so very much. She has essentially taken care of everything this summer from our finances to taking care of our son alone without me. I am grateful to my In-laws the Poulsons who are helping and taking care of both Jack and Christine also. Thank you. Christine is so good and sweet. She may have hard times, but never complains and always supports me. Allowing me to study Arabic all the way out here in Jordan this summer was not the easiest of decisions but she never fought me and has always been crucial in my ability to succeed. It is hard being away from my best friend, but we have grown so much closer this summer. We have both had a great deal of peace this summer, which has been a tender mercy from God. I want to thank everyone who continues to be a support to us this summer and especially to Christine and little Jack.
Well I need to pack and then catch a bus to a nearby city for Institute tonight and then to have church tommorow. Please pray for the church here in the Middle East. The way the church is established here and how it is growing is wonderful, but it is still not recognized by the Government. The region could use every little bit of faith to bring about some more miracles in the way of building the kingdom here. Going to church here is one of my most favorite things about being here. I hope everyone is well and I hope this wasnt too boring.














Y'all are just too cute. I love you two!

2 comments:

Becky said...

Glad to hear things are going well for you Harrison. It is hard to be away from those you love, but it does make you appreciate them more. And even though we've never met, I can tell you have an amazing wife - after all she made a great choice for her husband :)

Merrick said...

This was such a sweet post! I'm glad you posted it, one so we could all enjoy it, and two because now you'll have it documented forever :)

Good luck in the next few months!